Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Pasta Sauce

Ever since I learned how to make my own pasta sauce I have never gone back! It's really quite easy and I think the flavor is 100% better than jarred sauce. Grandma Janie's Lasagna just cannot be made with anything other than this!

What you'll need:

An Onion- finely diced
Minced Garlic
Olive Oil
White Wine (yes this girl cooks with wine woot!)
2 cans Diced Tomatoes Italian style-drained
1 can Hunts Tomato Purée
Sugar
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

1. Sauté Onion and a spoonful of garlic over medium low heat until the onions are translucent.

2. Add about a 1/2 cup of wine and let it simmer away for several minutes.

3. Add the canned tomatoes and purée.

4. Add a spoonful of sugar, some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Taste and adjust seasonings.

5. Let it simmer for a few more minutes so the flavors can meld.

Make big batches and freeze for whenever your making an italian dish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment