Friday, September 16, 2011

My Quick and Easy Broccoli Cheese Rice


Easiest side dish ever! And it's really good! Last night we had my Grandpa Slapper over for dinner because Grandma is in New York. I made this at my mom's along with steak and potatoes. I've been making this stuff for a while now. It's definitely NOT homemade but I add a few more ingredients to make it better than the box.

What you'll need:

A box of Rice-a-Roni's Broccoli Au Gratin rice mix
Butter
Water
A small bag of frozen chopped broccoli
A couple of cups of Sharp Cheddar
Salt and Pepper

For larger crowds add an additional box of Rice and more broccoli.

1. Make the rice according to the instructions on the box, either on the stove top or in the microwave, doesn't matter!

2. When it comes to the part where you add water to the rice, add the frozen broccoli too. Bring to a boil and let simmer away. Exactly as the box tells you.

3. When the rice is almost done, add a cup of the cheese and mix. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.

4. Pour into a oven safe dish and add remaining cup of cheese to the top. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes until cheese is melty and delicious.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment